Thousands of people from all over south Alabama, Georgia, and the Florida panhandle visit Dothan during our largest and most anticipated event of the year – the National Peanut Festival. In celebration of our farmers and our largest agricultural export (they don’t call us the Peanut Capital of the World for ‘nothin’), we designate ten days at the end of the peanut harvest to kick back and enjoy fair rides, big-name concerts, and peanuts prepared any way you like. The 2017 National Peanut Festival will be November 3-12, with the parade culminating the event on Veteran's Day November 11th. If you want our recommendation, we like our peanuts boiled with lots of salt.
WHILE YOU ARE HERE...
Houston County Farm Center
The Houston County Farm Center is the former home of the National Peanut Festival, and houses multiple events throughout the year, including the TriState BBQ Festival. It has RV parking, midway, exhibit buildings, and livestock barns, as well as a conference center.
- Exhibit Building #1 – 5,556 sq ft, climate controlled
- Exhibit Building #2 – 14,244 sq ft, climate controlled
- Cattle Barns – 21,557 sq ft, 14 cattle stalls, sales arena
- Hog Barns – 9880 sq ft, 178 pens
- Horse Barn – 15,600 sq ft, 1000 10x10 stalls
- Conference Center – 5,546 sq ft, seating for 300 people, climate controlled, commercial kitchen
- RV Sites – 63 full hookups
Holiday Inn’s meeting space can host up to 200 guests in multiple arrangements. Hotel packages available, as well as on-site catering.READ MORE
The BBQ Shack
The BBQ Shack takes the term “shack” very seriously. Don’t let the small building fool you – it’s full of big flavor. The Shack even includes a drive-thru! For our recommendation, we select the pork salad with fresh boiled peanuts as an appetizer!READ MORE