When the weather’s nice, Dothan is the perfect place to stroll the streets, play outside with the kids and soak up some sunshine. With lots of parks, lakes, ponds and unique attractions to explore, there are plenty of options for anyone looking for an adventure. Plan a day of outdoor fun with a few can’t-miss spots from Visit Dothan.
People of all ages can find something fun to do outside with gardens, water attractions and parks in Dothan, AL. Whether you’re looking for an action-packed afternoon or a peaceful nature walk, you can find it here.
- Adventureland Theme Park – For a fun family outing or date night, visit this mini theme park, where you can race go-karts, take a swing in the batting cages, play arcade games and more.
- Dothan Area Botanical Gardens – Enjoy a peaceful stroll through the flowers. Guests can enjoy meditation areas, a gazebo and plenty of fish and butterflies.
- Landmark Park – Check out Alabama’s official museum of agriculture to experience an 1890s living history farm, a turn-of-the-century church, walking trails and a planetarium.
- Water World – On a hot day, nothing’s better than a giant wave pool and water slides. Help the kids cool off and maybe even make a splash yourself.
- Highland Oaks Golf Course – Spend an afternoon on the links at this 36-hole complex that will challenge you to bring your best game to the course.
Searching for the best way to break a sweat? No matter what kind of workout you have in mind, there are abundant opportunities to get active in Dothan.
- Beaver Creek Trail – Bike or hike along the winding 10-mile nature trail through Dothan. There are two entrances: 3636 Fortner St and 199 Narcisse Dr.
- Eastgate Park – At this 200-acre park, you can play volleyball or tennis, fish, walk and bike. There’s also an archery range and plenty of open grounds to take a picnic break.
- Westgate Outdoor Fitness Court – You can use the free outdoor fitness equipment to get in a cardio workout or do some strength training. The Westgate Recreation Center also boasts trails, sports fields, courts, playgrounds and pools.
Find More Things to Do
If you need directions or more information about outdoor activities in Dothan, Alabama, contact Visit Dothan today. Don’t forget to check out all the shopping, indoor adventure and historic things to do in the city, too. There are surprises waiting around every corner.