Thousands of people from all over south Alabama, Georgia, and the Florida panhandle visit Dothan during our largest and most anticipated event of the year – the National Peanut Festival. In celebration of our farmers and our largest agricultural export (they don’t call us the Peanut Capital of the World for ‘nothin’), we designate ten days at the end of the peanut harvest to kick back and enjoy fair rides, big-name concerts, and peanuts prepared any way you like. The 2016 National Peanut Festival will be November 4-13, with the parade culminating the event on November 12. If you want our recommendation, we like our peanuts boiled with lots of salt.
WHILE YOU ARE HERE...
You certainly don’t want to miss Backyard Treasures on your antique trail. From the smallest teacup to the largest bedroom suite, Backyard Treasures has it all.READ MORE
Zaxby’s is a staple for chicken fingers, wings, and sandwiches.READ MORE
National Peanut Festival Fairgrounds
The National Peanut Festival Fairgrounds hosts the annual National Peanut Festival, Toadlick Music Festival, and various events, concerts and contests throughout the year. The Fairgrounds have a covered stage amphitheater with field seating, a covered arena with bleachers, and several commercial buildings.
- ALFA Commercial Exhibit Hall – 24,000 sq ft, climate controlled, concrete floor, restrooms, and wireless internet
- Premium Building – 14,500 sq ft, climate controlled, concrete floor, restrooms, wireless internet
- Winn-Dixie Agri-Complex – 15,750 sq ft, artificial turf floor, restrooms, business office, bleachers, wireless internet
- Amphitheater – 15,000+ Audience space, concession building, restrooms, ticket booth, business office, and amp breakers
- Covered Arena – 60,000 sq ft covered, open sides, aluminum bleachers with 3000 available seats, dirt floor (rodeo area), lights, electrical hookups for concert stage and sound system
- Midway – 1,200 sq ft paved, restrooms, 40-full service hookups