Thousands of people from all over south Alabama, Georgia, and the Florida panhandle visit Dothan during our largest and most anticipated event of the year – the National Peanut Festival. In celebration of our farmers and our largest agricultural export (they don’t call us the Peanut Capital of the World for ‘nothin’), we designate ten days at the end of the peanut harvest to kick back and enjoy fair rides, big-name concerts, and peanuts prepared any way you like. The 2016 National Peanut Festival will be November 4-13, with the parade culminating the event on November 12. If you want our recommendation, we like our peanuts boiled with lots of salt.
WHILE YOU ARE HERE...
Fuji Hibachi is a favorite among local sushi lovers, with fresh seafood offered daily. Or choose from their menu of traditional Japanese hibachi for your dinner. Also available in drive-through or take-out.READ MORE
Clarion Inn & Suites
The Clarion Inn & Suites houses one large ballroom that can be broken down to multiple rooms to service your event or conference, as well as a full kitchen and wait staff, plus tables and chairs.
- Ballroom – 3520 sq ft, 300 banquet seats, 200 classroom seats, 425 theatre seats
- Conference Room – 15 classroom seats
- Bronze Room – 80 banquet seats, 50 classroom seats, 150 theatre seats
- Grand Room – 48 banquet seats, 25 classroom seats, 75 theatre seats
- Gold Room – 64 banquet seats, 40 classroom seats, 100 theatre seats
Kiwanis Park and Trail
- Playground equipment with composite ground cover
- Covered pavilion with picnic tables and seating for 50 guests
- 3.4 mile marked nature trail loop around Westgate Park – allows bikers, runners, and walkers